Politics 2015 Elections in Rivers May Turn Bloody as PDP and APC Politicians Stock up on Arms

L

LequteMan

Rivers State may possibly witness a bloody political clash similar to what happened in 2005/2006 when the entire Port Harcourt city and beyond were turned into theatre of war by politicians.

According to Daily independent, politicians from both the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the All Progressives Congress (APC) have started employing the services of ex-militants and cultists with a view to win the forthcoming 2015 general elections.

The Rivers State chairman of the Police Community Relations Committee (PCRC), Hon Austin Yong, said that every year preceding an election year is always characterised by arms stockpiling.

The Director General of Administration, PDP in Rivers State, Emeka Woke said that he has heard of arms buildup by some politicians but quickly added that “they will never succeed in destabilising the state.

“Any politician that wants to contest election should go and sell his programmes to the people and not to arm them for selfish interest.

“I have heard all that I condemning it in strong term. Any politician who tries to cause violence during the election will definitely fail. We have seen 14 years of democracy in this country and I don’t see anybody taking us backward again,” he warned.

While a good number of the militants maybe well disposed to the PDP politicians, it is not very clear who among the ex-militant generals are in the camp of the APC.

boko h (2).jpg

Back