Politics 50 Machete Wielding Cultists Storm Enugu Govt. House

A

abujagirl

In the early hours of Saturday, no fewer than 50 armed men attacked the Enugu State Government House. Mr Fidelis Ogarabe, Chief Security Officer to Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu state said that the armed men struck at the Government House around 4.30 a.m. and attempted to force their way into the premises.

Recounting the incident, Ogarabe said,"I left the Government House at about 2.a.m . in the morning and was in my house when I received a call from my men around 4 a.m. alerting me of the presence of some armed invaders at the Government House.

"I drove to the place immediately and saw some persons numbering about 50 armed with machetes at the gate, trying to force their way into the premises.I ordered my men to move into action immediately and one of them was gunned down while three others were arrested.

"The others threw away their machetes and escaped".

Ogarabe said his men recovered machetes, flags and insignia linked to a cult group.

Mr Chukwudi Achife,Chief press secretary to Governor Sullivan confirmed the attack although he said that the governor was in his country home at Udi when the armed men struck.

sullivan.jpg

Back