Metro 7 Great Quotes for the Week

kemi

Social Member
From our top stories, we bring to you the 7 great quotable quotes for the past week.

tiwa 3.jpg

1. Farewell to Ekiti Doctors

“Ekiti has lost some of the best trees in its forest of medicine.”

– Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, commenting on the death of six medical doctors and one driver from the state, in a car crash near Kaduna.

2. The Messiah

“I am the candidate of the people. Whoever does not vote for me is rejecting peace and opting for disorder.”

– The President of Equatorial Guinea, Teodoro Obiang Nguema, who has just won a sixth term with 99 per cent of votes, is reported to have said in a campaign rally.

3. Suicidal Teebillz

“I’m sorry I must have disappointed you guys. I just didn’t have the strength to fight this battle anymore. May God forgive me, and accept my soul in peace.”

– Tiwa Savage’s husband, Tunji Balogun aka Teebillz, posted on Instagram what appeared to be a suicide note, after accusing the wife of infidelity

4. Trump Confident of Victory

“Yes, it’s over. It’s already over.”

– U.S Republican presidential candidate, Donald Trump, confidently expressed the hope of clinching his party’s nomination, as he looked forward to winning the primary in Indiana on Tuesday.

5. Fulani Herdsmen Again

“The Northern governors have rubbed raw salt into our Southern wounds.”

– Femi Fani-Kayode, a former minister of Aviation and a PDP member, kicked against the northern governors’ position on the killings in Ukpabi Nimb, Enugu, by suspected Fulani herdsmen.

6. Military Government in South Africa?

“We will run out of patience very soon and we will remove this government through the barrel of a gun.”

– Opposition South African politician, Julius Malema, said of the ANC-led government headed by President Jacob Zuma who is plagued by corruption scandals (Source: Al Jazeera)

7. Political Shoe Size

“If someone gets into power in year 2007, the shoe size is 2007. If I get into power in 2015, the shoe size is 2015. So, which one is actually bigger? I do not know how a 2007 shoe would be bigger than a shoe of 2015.”

– Akwa Ibom governor, Udom Emmanuel, responding to a reporter’s question if he found his predecessor, Godswill Akpabio’s shoe too big for him.

Source: Premium Times

Back