Politics Adamawa: Ribadu Said He'll Never Join PDP Even For a Free Presidential Ticket-Gulak Remembers

A

abujagirl

Ahmed Gulak, former Special Adviser on Political Matters to President Goodluck Jonathan, wants Nuhu Ribadu, former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC who recently defected from the All Progressives Congress, APC to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP to apologize to his new party if he must be accepted with open arms.

DAILY POST reported that addressing journalists after picking up his form for the Adamawa elections, Gulak said he believed the PDP candidate for the election will be picked by transparent, free and fair primary election by the delegates on 6th September, 2014.

When asked to comment on Ribadu's defection, Gulak said, "Nuhu Ribadu is a friend and a brother; we have come a long way. Nuhu Ribadu, you will vividly remember, was a presidential candidate under the ACN in 2011 and when there was this merger of opposition parties to form APC, Nuhu Ribadu was in the vanguard of the merger talks.

"He was part and parcel of APC and he is still part and parcel of APC. Up to this moment I am talking to you, Nuhu Ribadu has not come out to say he has decamped from APC to PDP, but if he decides to summersault and eat his words, then he is welcome to PDP".

Speaking further, Gulak recalled that during a visit by APC bigwigs to former military Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari "with APC juggernauts, people like Ahmed Bola Tinubu, La Mohammed, Nasir El-Rufai, among others, Nuhu Ribadu was interviewed by a radio in Kaduna and he said, ‘even for a free presidential ticket, I can never join PDP".

"If he decides to eat his words, he is welcome. Our party is always open for everybody, whether you are from APC, APGA, PPA, whatever party you may call yourself. If you decide to jump ship and join PDP, you are welcome.

"Nuhu Ribadu is welcome anytime, any day, but let me assure you that whether you are in APC or PDP it is the people that will select and elect their governor, that will select and elect their president, that will select and elect their senator, House of Reps, local government chairmen.

#Ribadu #EFCC #PDP #APC #Gulak #Adamaw #Buhari #Tinubu

gulakk.jpg

Back