Sports 66 players: NFF not imposing any players on me - Amodu Shaibu

Super Eagles caretaker coach Amodu Shaibu has defended the list of 66 players given to him by the technical department of the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF) .

Amodu led his technical crew, made up of Salisu Yusuf, Gbenga Ogunbote and Alloy Agu, to meet with the Director of Technical Department of the NFF, Emmanuel Ikpeme, brainstorming on how to commence preparations for the upcoming matches.

And during the meeting a list of 66 players was handed to Amodu by the NFF to make his selection for the upcoming matches.

“What the Technical Department of the NFF has done by giving us the list of (66) players is what a proper Technical Department should do for any coach that is coming in,” Amodu told reporters.

“They have just given players that are playing regularly in their clubs home and abroad. These are the kind of inputs we expect from this department.

“They are not imposing any player on me. They just told me that, ‘look at this large pool of players and come out with the players you want and we will support you.’ That is what they told me,” Amodu clarified.

He also said that he won’t beg to be appointed the Technical Director of the federation if the new leadership fails to legitimize the appointment that was made by former president Aminu Maigari.

“After the Eagles job even if I don’t come back here [to the NFF as Technical Director] I won’t blink an eye because I am not looking for work. At least this is recorded on tape and I am not going to repeat myself,” Amodu said.

Amodu.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back