Metro Aliko Dangote Impersonators Who Kidnapped Beauty Queen, Arrested by Police

Vunderkind

Social Member
patrick ifada.gif saadata.jpg
Lagos state police has rescued the current Miss Nigeria International 2014 (who is also the daughter of an aide to the Kwara state governor), Miss Sa'adat Bibire, abducted 2 weeks ago by a gang of robbers who conned her into visiting them in Warri after they promised to make her the Aliko Dangote brand ambassador.

The gang comprised of Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro students who opened a Facebook account disguising as Aliko Dangote and contacted Sa'adat. When she accepted their invitation to Warri, they kidnapped her and took her to the outskirts of Ozoro town in Isoko LGA, Delta state. From there, they contacted her family and asked for a N20m ransom, to be paid into a Malaysian account.

While being interrogated, one of the gang members, Patrick Ifada (23) said he was enticed into kidnapping because of the financial reward:

"I accepted to join the gang because of the money involved. We opened a fake Facebook account pretending to be Alhaji Aliko Dangote and we convinced her to come over to Delta State to meet the businessman. At first, our ransom was N20 million. When they were not forthcoming with the money, we brought it down to N15 million and then N10 million. I was the one staying with the victim in our hideout. We were using the quarters of one of our members, Destiny. We are five in number and I was promised a huge sum. Other gang members are Destiny, Marcus Omajuwa, Ugada and Chuka. We are all students of Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro, ND 1. I was studying Computer Science. She was in our hideout for about two weeks. We asked the Special Adviser to pay the ransom into a Malaysian account that one Fred helped us to set up. None of us raped her. Destiny told us we were only going to make money from her family, and not to assault her"

One of the kidnappers' wives was also arrested.

Source: #Vanguard

Back