Politics Amaechi Rips Gov Wike Apart Over New Year Killings in Rivers State

L

LequteMan

Rotimi Amaechi has blamed his successor, Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers state for the killings of the citizens on new year's day as they were returning from a church program.

Speaking after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari, Mr. Amaechi said Gov. Wike needs to get serious and “stop encouraging the militant groups in the name of politics and election”.

“I think there should be much more than age to qualify to be a governor because it takes much more than age.

“I was governor of Rivers State, I did not play PDP/APC politics, life is life it has no symbol. Nobody has APC life or PDP life.

“The first responsibility of a governor which is what the oath of office requires, is that you swear to protect lives and property. When you don’t protect life and property what do you do? Is impeachment. Unfortunately there is no House of Assembly in Rivers State,” he said.

He also accused Wike of “too much noise” saying “ the governor just wakes up and starts shouting, abusing people that’s all he does. The first thing you do is human capacity development and keeping human beings and we are losing lives every day”.

Attachments

• rotimi amaec.jpg
    rotimi amaec.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 14
Back