Politics Anambra Election: Why I Want Obiano Booted Out Of Power – Peter Obi

P

ProfRem

A former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, has said that he has no problem with Governor Willie Obiano, but that he wants him booted out of power because of poor performance.

Obi said his problem with Obiano, who he said remained his friend, was non-performance.

Speaking at a rally organised by the women’s wing of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the state’s party secretariat, Obi, who accompanied the gubernatorial candidate of the PDP, Mr. Oseloka Obaze, said his reasons for fighting his successor were informed by the vow he made to the people of the state in 2013.

ObianoObi.JPG

“In 2013, I took Obiano around Anambra State: to the markets, to every part of the state and the people kept asking me if I was sure of him as they did not know him, but that they would vote him because of me.

“I told them I would be the one to lead a campaign against Obiano if he did not perform well in his first term. Today, can anyone show me what the governor has done within his first term? He has nothing to show for it,” he said.

Back