Politics APC Begins Preparation For Kogi Polls: Ocholi Tipped as Flagbearer

A

abujagirl

Ahead of the gubernatorial elections in Kogi, the All Progressives Congress, APC is warming up to snatch the state from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

james ene.jpg

HALLMARK reports that James Ocholi (SAN), leader of the APC in Kogi is the favorite for the gubernatorial ticket.

However, internal crisis is currently brewing in the party as former governor, Prince Abubakar Audu also wants the ticket. Reacting to the development, Ocholi said, ''There is persistent clamour for change of leadership in the state. And most people are sufficiently aware that we cannot have the change we desire if we do not come together to chase PDP out of power. However, the basic truth is that we have passed the stage of arbitrariness in politics. I can bet with you that with the way Audu is handling people around him, nobody will like to vote for APC in the state and certainly he cannot win any election on his own in the state.Prince Abubakar Audu sees me as using my position at the national level to gain political advantage over him for his governorship ambition.

Ocholi was a PDP governorship aspirant in 2011. He however dumped the party for the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) and became its governorship candidate. His name has come up in several Muhammadu Buhari cabinet list published online.

#PDP #Ocholi #APC #Kogi #Buhari

Back