Politics APC Chief Gives Reason Why Buhari Cannot Islamize Nigeria

A

abujagirl

Mr Hilliard Eta, the All Progressives Congress (APC) national vice-chairman, South-South, says Muhammadu Buhari, presidential candidate of the All Progressives Conbgress, APC cannot Islamise Nigeria if he becomes President because he'll have to go through the National assembly to get approval.

Speaking during an interview session with NIGERIAN TRIBUNE, Eta said, ''Buhari has been a military head of state and he could wake up and make a decree and it would become a law in the country. At that time, he did not make any attempt to islamise Nigeria; neither did he Islamise Nigeria. Is it now he will need the National Assembly to put a stamp of approval on what to do and people can even impeach him that he will now come and islamise Nigeria?

''There is this saying in my local language that when a woman does not have anything to tell him, she will tell the husband that water has got stuck in her teeth. The PDP has absolutely no narrative to go to our people with. So, the only way is to demonise our candidate, is what we are seeing in form of question of education. They cannot campaign on the issue of security, they cannot campaign on the issue of corruption, they cannot campaign on the issue of social well-being of Nigerians. So, the only thing is, ‘let us attack them’. Who do we attack, Buhari, because the man is a Muslim let us attack him.

''Remember they told Nigerians that we are going to bring a Muslim-Muslim ticket; but we have not brought a Muslim-Muslim ticket. They told us that our party will explode when we want to choose our presidential candidate, the party has not exploded. So, the PDP is left with nothing than to just look at Buhari and say this man doesn’t talk too much, he is too tall, so he must be an extremist.

''Let me also tell you that the man who took over from Buhari and is seen by most Southerners as a liberal Muslim, was the one who took us to Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC). Buhari never took us to OIC. Buhari never made his interaction with his God a public matter, I was alive and well and I never saw Buhari on television go to the mosque. What is sauce for the goose is sauice for the gander. Today, our president worships God on television and stands on the pulpit and turns it into a rostrum. He has brought religion far more than Buhari can never hope to do into the polity of Nigeria. Please ask the PDP to bring another narrative. They have been in power for 16 years, so it is incumbent on them to speak on education. Let them speak on job and wealth creation, the economy and security of the country; let them talk about those ones and leave us with issues that have no bearing on the daily lives of Nigerians.

#Buhari #APC #PDP #Muslim

buhari.jpg

Back