Politics APC governors shun security meeting with Jonathan -Vanguard

Vunderkind

Social Member
Governors under the aegis of the All Progressive Congress Thursday afternoon shunned the meeting convened by President Goodluck Jonathan to review the escalating security situation in the country.

It would be recalled that the president summoned the meeting following the bomb blast in Nyanya and the abduction of secondary school students in a girl school in Borno.

The enlarged meeting of the National Security Council commenced at about 2:00pm with Thursday afternoon and had in attendance governors Gabriel Suswan (Benue), Martin Elechi (Ebonyi), Ramalan Yero (Kaduna), Isa Yuguda(Bauchi), Theodore Orji (Abia), Ibrahim Dankwanbo (Gombe), Godswill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom), Liyel Imoke (Cross River), Willie Obiano (Anambra), Idris Wada (Kogi), Ibrahim Shema (Katsina), Jonah Jang (Plateau), Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta), Sule Lamido (Jigawa), Sullivan Chime (Enugu), Babangida Aliyu (Niger), Acting Governor (Taraba) Deputy Governor of Bayelsa, Rear Admiral John Jonah and Deputy Governor of Kebbi.

Click here to read more

Source: Vanguard Nigeria

You seriously can't accuse someone of terrorism and then expect him to turn around and help you fight it; in what capacity do you need his help?. President Jonathan and his party leaders should weigh their words...

You seriously can't accuse someone of terrorism and then expect him to turn around and help you fight it; in what capacity do you need his help?. President Jonathan and his party leaders should weigh their words...

The accusations are going both ways. They all need to get onto a single platform and condemn these acts. This will send the right message to the people of the country. They are all acting like little children. This is bigger than their egos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, meetings are only good for PR. One can't help but wonder why it took a hit at Abuja to convene this meeting. I mean, just a day before, we read that JAMB writers were bombed, and nothing was done about that. We've had previous and follow-up attacks, but none seems to have garnered fervor as the Abuja blast.

Why's that? Because the Abuja blast has the public's fascination. The Borno blast is almost a backwater thing, and we cannot connect with the deaths of those people.

Condemning the attack is fine. Acting positively towards not only preventing further attacks, but bringing every person responsible for these ones is the way forward.

Until these things have been mentioned, I don't really care if APC is accusing PDP or if they're having security meetings.

Even though I arrived here late, I'm sure we can revisit this story now. Consider that another blast occurred yesterday. What has shunning meetings and throwing childish tantrums achieved?

Don't answer. You know the answer in your hearts already. Let us rise.

Back