Politics APC Rally: Broom Sellers in Benue Run Out of Supply

A

abujagirl

Broom sellers in Makurdi, Benue, say they are overwhelmed by the demand for the commodity by APC supporters for the presidential campaign of the party.

An investigation of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Wurukum, Wadata and Highlevel markets in Makurdi where the product is sold, reports that brooms were in short supply.

A cross section of the sellers said broom sales picked up since Thursday when news broke out that the APC presidential candidate for the 2015 general elections, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, would address party supporters at the rally.

Madam Vihiga Amusan, who sells brooms at the Highlevel market, told NAN that she exhausted her supplies as early as 10 a.m. on January 16.

''I started selling since Thursday and had no time to restock my store because I closed from the shop late, so the remaining stock finished early this morning. This is good for us since it is not always that we enjoy this type of patronage, I wish APC will hold this type of rallies often," Amusan said.

Another seller, Mrs Evelyn Njoku, also admitted the upsurge in demand for the brooms but regretted that the price had not changed.

''Although the demand for the broom rose so high, the price still remained the same, a medium size broom still sells for N50.00 while the big one still goes for N100," Njoku said.

A cross section of APC supporters said they preferred the actual broom to the artificial one sold at campaigns to demonstrate their seriousness in sweeping the ruling PDP out of power in the country.

Mr Joseph Boko, one of the candidates of the party for the State House of Assembly, said ''the high demand for natural brooms signified the desire of the party in sweeping away inefficiency and ineptitude exemplified by the PDP’’.

#APC #Benue #PDP

Buhari broom.jpg

Back