Politics APC Won't Give You Presidential Ticket,Beg Jonathan-Alamieyeseigha Tells Amaechi

A

abujagirl

Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, former Governor of Bayelsa state has called on the Rivers state governor to settle his political differences with President Goodluck Jonathan.

In an interview with NEW TELEGRAPH, Alamieyeseigha said it was important for Amaechi to "be humble enough to go to the president and say, ‘I am sorry’, because he has no place to go".

"The office of the president must not be desecrated. It is an institution. If you do not respect the office of the president, then you are not worth a leader, a governor of a state is a regional office".

"Even when it could be argued that it is a coordinate jurisdiction. But the centre is superior. I think there is not much problem between Governor Amaechi and President Goodluck Jonathan.

"A child that is not respectful will also not deserve respect from anyone. Ambitions at times becloud our reasons. I cannot see Amaechi contesting as a president, because I do not see APC giving him a presidential ticket.

"If he is not standing as a presidential candidate, and Jonathan is presented by the PDP and APC presents a candidate say from the north; would a Rivers man leaves Goodluck Jonathan and queue behind Amaechi to go and vote a northern candidate from APC? The answer is no.

"At the end of the day, you are only making enemies that will follow you all the days of your life. Politics is only a platform for you to help your people and by extension yourself. Leadership on its part is service, so I see no reason that Amaechi cannot make up with Jonathan. I have spoken to both of them. Jonathan has no issues. President of Nigeria is very powerful.

"I even told Amaechi; the first entity you cannot fight is Almighty God, and the second entity is the government".

#Amaechi #Alamieyeseigha #APC #PDP #Riversstate

Alamieyeseigha.jpg

Back