Sports Bartra disappointed Luis Suarez was left out of the 2014 Ballon d'Or 23-man list

Marc Bartra has expressed his disappointment over the exclusion of his Barcelona teammate, Luis Suarez from the 2014 FIFA Ballon d'Or list.

The Uruguayan was omitted from the 23-man shortlist released this week, with many believing his biting controversy at the 2014 World Cup tournament, cost him a place on the list.

The former Liverpool player scored 31 Premier League goals in 33 appearances for his side last season, with 12 being netted in 2014 for the English side with a further 11 assists.

Bartra believes that Suarez should have been among the candidates for the individual accolade.

"I'm surprised," Bartra told beIN Sports. "It's true. I think he had a spectacular year. He's a great player, he is one of the best strikers in the world and I think he deserves to be there [on the shortlist]."

The 23-year-old also talked about his side's recent high-profile defeats - in Suarez's return against Madrid and versus Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League.

"We couldn't win against the toughest opponents so far, but I think the team is confident and eager to continue playing good football," he added.

rsz_suarez.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back