Metro BBC: Africa's Best Quotes of 2015

A

abujagirl

BBC has compiled a list of Africa's best quotes of 2015.

See some of the quotes below:

1. "I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody"
Nigeria's President Muhammadu Buhari on the day of his historic inauguration in May

buhari port.jpg

2. "If I had known this lion had a name and was important to the country or a study obviously I wouldn't have taken it. Nobody in our hunting party knew before or after the name of this lion."
US dentist Walter Palmer, who killed Zimbabwe's famous Cecil the lion in July

cecil.jpg

3. "Dear white people in the fashion world!... Why do I have to bring my own make-up to a professional show when all the other white girls don't have to do anything but show up.
"Don't try to make me feel bad because I am blue-black - it's 2015"
South Sudanese model Nykhor Paul

South Sudanese model Nykhor Paul.jpg

"I have seen more demonstrations and strikes in my first two years. I don't think it can get worse. It is said that when you kill a goat and you frighten it with a knife, it doesn't fear the knife because it is dead already. I have a dead-goat syndrome"
Ghana's President John Mahama

mahama.jpg

5. "I've just concluded - since President Obama endorses the same-sex marriage, advocates homosexual people and enjoys an attractive countenance - thus if it becomes necessary, I shall travel to Washington DC, get down on my knee and ask his hand"
Zimbabwe's leader Robert Mugabe, mocking a US Supreme Court decision in June to legalise gay marriage

mugabe.jpg

Click here to read more

SOURCE: BBC

Back