BlackBerry CEO 'Seized' His Wife's Samsung Phone, Says "She Was Embarrassing Me"

Vunderkind

Social Member
After becoming chief executive of BlackBerry last year, the first thing John Chen did was confiscate his wife's Samsung Galaxy.

He said this in an interview with the Financial Times.

“There were a couple of parties we went to and, when my wife brought out the Samsung, everyone kind of looked at me funny,” he says. “So eventually I said she needed to use a BlackBerry. ‘No, I like my Samsung’, she said, and I told her she was embarrassing me.”

Question: Does his wife still secretly use the Samsung

“That, I wouldn’t know,” he quips. “There might be a lot of secrets I don’t know.” Initially, she found the new phone difficult to master.”

Mr. Chen describes using a BlackBerry for the first time: “It is harder in the beginning, but once you get it, it’s actually quite powerful. It makes other devices look a little toyish.”

He compares it to using a Lamborghini:
“There’s a special sequence but, once you know where all the things are, it blows your mind. Still, because of that, I would never buy a Lamborghini. We too need to make sure the learning curve is not so steep.”

john chen.jpg

Back