Metro Boko Haram: Bomb Explosion Averted in Kano as Suicide Bomber Escapes From Terrorists

L

LequteMan

A fatal bomb explosion has been averted in Kano after a suicide bomber escaped from Boko Haram terrorists.

Hajia Khadija Ibrahim, a mother of three was kidnapped and brainwashed, according to The Sun, and was headed to Kano with bombs strapped all around her.

Recounting her chilling experience at the Government House, Sunday, she disclosed that she was sick and was on her way to the hospital in Maiduguri when she was kidnapped.

Female-suicide-bomber-300x300.jpg

Photo credit: The Sun

“I walked up to a junction in Baga Road (in Maiduguri) and I flagged down the first tricycle (Keke Napep), which incidentally was already filled up,” she stated.

“I flagged down another Keke (tricycle) which was not going my way. But when I flagged it down, both the Keke (tricycle) and a vehicle stopped at the same time, even though I did not stop the vehicle.

“The occupants of the vehicle asked me where was I going and I replied that I was going to the hospital. They offered to drop me. I accepted and entered the vehicle. Immediately I entered and placed my head on the seat of the vehicle, I lost consciousness.

“I did not know anything anymore and did not know where I was until I started regaining consciousness, when one of them was asking if we had been injected while the other replied that he was yet to inject us, that he should wait a little until we enter into the city.

“It was at this point that our vehicle developed fault and our driver came out to put water into the radiator. The driver later called out on the other person, saying the car could not move, for which he stepped out to help fix the fault” she stated.

“It was at this stage that I touched my body and discovered that my dress had been removed, that in its place I was wearing a new dress that was strapped with different wires.

“They now transferred me to another vehicle where I met a new lady. The first lady was an older person while the person that was drugged in the second vehicle was a small girl.

“It was in the course of embarking on the new vehicle that I bolted away. I was running and falling. I was running and falling. They gave me a hot chase and I could hear them shouting that I should stop, that I should stop, that wherever you go in this city, we would find you because we have our eyes everywhere in this town.” “But I refused to stop despite their entreaty. They were calling me, saying I was going to do aiki Allah )“Gods work) at Kanti Kwari. But I kept running”.

Kano State Governor, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, who received Hajia Khadija in his home at Government House, regretted that the insurgency was yet to be completely eliminated in the country.

Back