Politics Buhari Will Win By A Landslide, Then Cause An Upset in Nigeria's Politics - Momodu

Vunderkind

Social Member
Dele Momodu, political critic and former presidential candidate has granted an extensive interview to Premium Times.

Speaking on what he believed to be the reason Nigerians are dissatisfied with President Goodluck Jonathan, he said: "For a man with that kind of background similar to mine, he should have been president of the people. Jonathan became an elitist president and the moment you are elitist in nature, outlook in attitude, you are bound to fail. Nigeria requires a selfless leader and reduces personal comfort for overall comfort of the people. The moment you gallivant all over the world, drive special jets, go to Jerusalem with entourage of people and people are lying to you that you are the best thing that ever happened to Nigeria, what nonsense.

The mistake he made was that he did not come as a leader who was ready to serve his people. You look at their budget in a year they are budgeting billions for food in Aso rock. If the president is ready to downgrade his personal lifestyle, you will see that people will follow him."

He also explain why he, Dele Momodu, lost in 2011 and why he is backing Buhari for February: "I now know what it takes to win a presidential election. I went through it. All the idealism that I had has evaporated. I was one of those who felt that Nigeria was ready for change in 2011. They would look at the track records, merits and they could see that I was one of the best candidates that was available in the country but the truth is that it takes much more than your personal character, achievement, popularity to win a presidential election and that is why I’m humble enough to say enough of contesting and let me find one of the candidates who has the ideals that I had in 2011. Unfortunately, I can’t find any other person than Buhari. It does not mean Buhari is a saint; it does not mean Buhari does not have his own faults because he’s human being and we are all mortals. But if I have to choose between Buhari and Jonathan, I will go for Buhari."

"Oh, I have no doubt that General Buhari is set to create an upset in Nigeria’s political configuration," he said. "If Buhari wins this election, it is not going to be a close election because he is going to win by a wide margin."

Click here to read full interview

Source: #PremiumTimes

Dele-Momodu-300x188.jpg

Back