Metro "Bury my books with Me"- Last Wish of 400L OAU Student who Committed Suicide

A

abujagirl

Dipo Ige, a 400level law student of Obafemi Awolowo University,who allegedly committed suicide left a suicide note demanding that his books be buried with him.

PUNCH reported that Ige who committed suicide last Saturday also added in his note that his girlfriend should not be blamed for his death. Part of the suicide note read, "As I plan to end my life, please bury my books with me. My reason for this action is best known to me. Please don’t blame my girlfriend (name withheld). She knows nothing about this. Share my properties accordingly to…"

Ige also allegedly sent a text message to his mother before his suicide act, one of his close friends who spoke to PUNCH anonymously said "That day about 9pm, Ige sent a text message to his mum. He told her to come to Ile-Ife immediately, adding that any delay could mean that the mum would meet him dead.

"When she eventually got the message around 10pm, she immediately alerted his close friend, Bola Okiji, to check on him. Unfortunately, Okiji was not in Ile-Ife, he was at Ilesha. The mum sent another lady living close to him to check him. The lady met Ige’s door locked. She peeped through the key hole and saw Ige, who appeared lifeless. She screamed, broke the door and raised the alarm, which attracted the neighbours.

Ige according to his friend was a brilliant student in second class upper grade and hung himself because of 'academics love' .

suicide.jpg

Back