Sports Canada 2015: NFF assures Super Falcons of total support

The Nigeria Football Federation Technical and Development Committee chairman, Felix Anyasi has assured the Super Falcons of Nigeria to expect maximum support from the NFF as they prepare for the 2015 women's world cup in Canada this June.

Nigeria, who are going to this year's world cup as African champions after winning their seventh African Women Championship are in the same group with the United States of America, Australia and Sweden- tagged the group of death.

Anyansi told the Edwin Okon-led side that they should continue to make the country proud assuring them that they deserve special commendation and maximum support to do more for the country.

"I want to assure you that you will be given the same preparation and attention accorded other national teams including the Super Eagles. I know your problems and we shall address them. I believe you deserve every thing that will make you succeed because your success is our success. There should be no difference between the Super Eagles and the Super Falcons, they are both our senior national teams.

"Preparing the team adequately for the task ahead will be our number one priority and we shall give you the kind of preparation you have never experienced before to underline our resolve to ensure that you do well at the world cup and I am sure you will not fail the nation" Anyansi

He also went ahead to tell them that he understood their problems and vowed that all that would be taken care of so that they can give their best to surpass the quarter final records set in 1999 when Nigeria was beaten by Brazil in the last eight of the tournament.
Falcons1.jpg

Back