Sports Chelsea vs Tottenham: 'The Cup Final Is The Most Important Of My Career'- Jose Mourinho

Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho has described the March 1st League Cup final against Tottenham as "the most important of my career".

Mourinho's team was soundly beaten at White Hart Lane on New Year's Day by Tottenham who won 5-3 then, but Chelsea would be looking at avoiding another defeat.

"This cup final is the most important of my career," he told the press, "more important than the Champions League finals. More important than all the other cups I've ever played before.

"Do I look stupid? It's just because it's the next one.

"The others are in the club museum. My medals are somewhere at home, I don't know where ... but the most important game of my career is always the next one."

"We must take care of our football," Mourinho warned. "It's not about how many millions are watching on television. It's about the feeling and respect and credibility, what people think about it.

"Strong credibility ... this is something English football cannot lose. You lose credibility when a player like Matic is suspended and another player can play this weekend.

"I don't think you can have any doubt that all around the world people open their mouths with surprise at how this can be possible."

Attachments

• LMK-029168.jpg
    LMK-029168.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Back