Sports Chuba Akpom, Moses Odubajo To Join Hull City

Arsene Wenger has revealed that he sent one of his pre-season shining youngster, Chuba Akpom on loan for him to get more playing time and developing himself.

The Arsenal youngster alongside another Nigerian-born player, Moses Odubajo will join English Championship club, Hull City ahead of the 2015/16 season.

Both players have now landed at East Yorkshire on Sunday night ahead of medicals with City on Monday.

Odubajo arrives from Brentford in a £3.5 million deal while Arsenal man, Akpom comes in on a season-loan deal.

Akpom’s move will come to many as a surprise after the Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger stated that the player would not be loaned out in the coming season.

“I sent him out on loan last year because I thought he needed that. This season I plan to keep him with us.

“Yeah (he will get a chance in the Arsenal first team), it’s down to performance and attitude.

“He has that grade to make between being a big talent and after an efficient talent week in, week out. That’s of course the target,” Wenger said after the striker impressed in the club’s pre-season tour to Singapore in July. Goal

download.jpg

Back