Committee of Vice-Chancellors call for stable academic calendar in 2014

L

LequteMan

The Committee of Vice-Chancellors of Nigerian Universities on Monday called for stability in the 2014 academic calendar of the university system.

Prof. Michael Faborode, the Secretary General of the committee newsmen in Abuja that the agreement reached between the Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) after the five-months long strike should be faithfully implemented.

“Definitely in five years’ time we are going to have better universities than what we had in the past 10 to 15 years,'' he said.

He noted that the committee was pleased about the resumption that nobody could have envisaged the sort of damages that the strike would have done to the education sector.

“I believe the time has now come for all hands to be on deck. There must be faithful implementation of the agreement because I believe that what has been agreed on is in the best interest of the university system.

He said that it was important that universities in Nigeria should fulfil that purpose for which they were established.

“I want to assure Nigerians that vice chancellors of the Nigerian universities are very committed to the issue of stability in the university system,” he said.

timthumb.php

Back