David Mark Calls for win-win Resolution of ASUU strike

L

LequteMan

Senate President David Mark on Monday in Abuja at a preparatory forum for a scheduled meeting between ASUU and Presidency called on both parties in the ongoing strike to approach reconciliatory efforts with open mind to ensure that a win-win situation was reached.

“As you are aware, I have been mandated by the Senate to meet with you and the Federal Government to resolve this crisis as soon as possible.

“I believe that is what you also want. I sympathise with your cause and believe that whatever can be done for you to go back to your work should be done immediately.

“At the end of the day, it is not how long we drag this matter that is important but how soon we sorted it out.

``The national interest is what is at stake because our students have been out of classrooms for four months now”, Mark said.

Mark’s delegation and ASUU representatives later left for the Presidential Villa for the meeting between ASUU and President Goodluck Jonathan.

President of ASUU, Dr Nasir Fagge expressed optimistic that the mediatory efforts by the Senate President would yield positive results.

NAN

images

Back