Sports David Moyes demands respect from Everton fans

T

Titilope Adeuja

rsz_moyes.jpg
David Moyes has asked to be shown some respect by Everton fans when Manchester United clash with his old team on Sunday at Goodison Park.

Moyes was booed by the Merseyside club fans in December's 1-0 defeat of Manchester United at Old Trafford after he joined the champions.

He, however said the game isn't about him but two teams vying for the most sought after victory.

"They had their own reasons for it (in December).

"There were a few problems with us trying to sign a couple of their players, but overall I was just doing my job for Manchester United.

"We sourced a big majority of the players at Everton and put them towards the team. I think we did everything in our power at Everton to make sure we got the best team we could.

"This game isn't about me. It's about two teams, both of whom are still in need of winning the game.

"The focus of attention shouldn't be on me, it should be on the players, but I go there and I understand the Everton supporters have to get right behind their team."

Moyes bought Fellaini from Everton and unsuccessfully attempted to capture the services of left-back Leighton Baines through the summer.

"Maybe people don't believe how it (signing with United) happened, but it happened two weeks before the end of the season and you'd have to say it couldn't have been done much better.

"I think there was also animosity because of the players. We'd like to have bought a couple of them here.

"But lots of United players go to Everton - so there is a reverse.

"Hopefully in time everyone will look at it and say it was a really good period in Everton's history."

Last edited:
Back