Politics Don't Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Problems - Oba of Lagos

A

abujagirl

The Oba of Lagos, Oba Railwan Akiolu, on Thursday said that President Goodluck Jonathan should not be blamed for the problems of Nigeria.

Akiolu said this while receiving Jonathan at his palace in Lagos.

He said that many of the problems in the country predated the Jonathan administration.

The President was in the Lagos State for the flag-off of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP’s) presidential campaign at the Tafawa Balewa Square.

He was in the Oba’s palace to pay homage to him and seek his blessings before going to the campaign venue.
Akiolu said that fighting corruption was the responsibility of every Nigerian.

''What will be, will be; God Almighty will give the best person the opportunity to lead this country. Mr President, God knows the best; I am happy; what I want are free and fair elections.

''I am happy that Mr President directed INEC to ensure that voters’ cards are distributed to every eligible member of the electorate,’’ he said.

He urged the INEC to ensure distribution of voters’ cards, saying that Lagos had more than six million eligible voters.

The royal father also urged that security agents should not be unfairly used against any citizen during the general elections.

According to him, both the PDP governorship candidate, Mr Jimi Agbaje, and his APC counterpart, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, are his children.

He said that he had presented Ambode’s candidature for God’s blessing at the 2014 Amir Hajj in Saudi Arabia but noted that God would always have the final say.

The Oba expressed confidence that Nigeria would be more united after the elections.

#PDP #Lagos #INEC

Goodluck Jonathan 4.jpg

Back