Sports Drogba Tutors Diego Costa On How To Score In The EPL

Former Chelsea forward, Didier Drogba has advised Diego Costa to understand the nature of the the EPL in order to improve his performances for the Blues.

Diego-Costa.jpg

The Spaniard scored 21 goals in his first season for Chelsea in all competitions, but has struggled for the Premier League champions this term and has managed to find the net on only four occasions so far.

“You can understand that this one could be a bit more difficult,” said Drogba.

“He knows how to score goals and will learn how to deal with players in this league, and everything will be okay.

“It took me time to adapt to English football, the intensity, the contact and the way the referees referee the game. Diego saw last year that this league is very strong and competitive. Not that the Spanish league is not competitive but this league is completely different and you can lose against the team that is 16th in the table.”

Costa clashed with Mourinho at half-time in Chelsea’s 4-0 win over Maccabi Tel Aviv on Tuesday but Drogba has played down the incident.

“I think it is just the passion of the player and the difficulty of the moment,” said the striker.

“I also had some passionate moments in my career! That is what football does.”

Back