Sports Emenike not desperate to play in the English Premier League

Super Eagles vs Iran.gif
Super Eagles striker Emmanuel Emenike has revealed that he is not desperate to secure a transfer move to play in the English Premier League.

Emenike,currently with Turkish giants Fenerbahce has been linked with some premier league clubs in the past.

Chelsea and West Ham are some of the clubs that the Nigerian has been linked with,but Emenike said that he is not in a hurry to leave his club.

“For now, I can’t say much on transfer because I am still on holidays and my mind is with Fenerbahce. So, when I return to Turkey, I will know if there is any official approach, but for now I want to try and relax and prepare well for the pre-season," Emenike was quoted to have said on Africanfootball.com

“Like I said, I am happy in Istanbul. I am not desperate for any move away from Fenerbahce. I am only hoping for a better season than what I did in the past season with Fenerbahce. But if there were official offers then my club will be responsible. They have the final say, I am only preparing for a better season because I am respecting my contract with Fenerbahce.”

In fact,Emenike is already looking forward to next season in Turkey and is hoping to score more goals next season for Fenerbahce.

“Last season was great for me, though I started scoring goals late I was able to score 13 goals and that contributed to us winning the league,” he further said.

“My target is to surpass that this season and win more trophies. This season should be greater and better than last season because I am working hard to achieve a lot and make a bigger impact.”

Back