Sports Enyeama Replies Oliseh; I Won't Allow Just Anybody Insult my Dead Mother

Super Eagles goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama has expressed his disappointment at the manner in which he was treated by the National team coach, Sunday Oliseh for coming to camp late.

Enyeama.jpg
The 2013 African Cup Of Nations winning goalkeeper was shouted down following his late arrival to the camp, having been permitted to report late following Saturday’s burial of his mother, fell out with coach Sunday Oliseh.

The former Enyimba goalkeeper was reported to have made attempts to apologise for turning up late and also questioned the reason for his being stripped of the captain's arm band in favour of Ahmed Musa.

However, the Nigeria Football Federation stepped in to rescue the situation as the Eagles’ skipper was ordered to remain in camp.

After the incidence, the 32-year old goalkeeper, who has adorned the Nigerian jersey 101 times took to social media to disapprove the insults on his mother, who was lowered six feet under the ground last weekend.

“After 13 years on national service, having this smiles on my face and this passion in my heart,” Enyeama wrote on Instagram.

“Through the billows, the waves of the ocean, the tears of defeat, the sound of rejoicing from victory chants. Now the thought of being stripped naked and security agents throwing me out breaks me completely.

“I will take anything but not insult to my dead mother,” he concluded.

Back