Sports Evra leaves Man Utd to join Juventus

Patrice Evra.jpg
Patrice Evra has left Manchester United to complete a two-year deal with Italian Serie A side Juventus.

The 33-year old brings to an end his nine years in England after he moved from Monaco and established himself as United's first choice left-back.

United only in June extended Evra's contract by a season,but the acquisition of 18-year old Luke Shaw all but hastened his exit.

"Patrice Evra is leaving Manchester United and has agreed to join Juventus after eight-and-a-half years at Old Trafford," the club wrote on its official website.

"Everyone at Manchester United would like to thank Patrice for his service and we wish him well in the future at his new club.

In a message to United fans,the French left-back said: "After a great deal of thought I have decided the time is right for me to leave Manchester United. It is the biggest decision of my career as this club is, and will always remain, in my heart."

Evra made 379 appearances for United and scored 10 goals during his time at the club.

He won five Premier League titles, three League Cups, the Champions League and Club World Cup.

Photo Credit: Wikipedia

Back