Politics Fayose Accuses Ekiti Lawmakers of Demanding N200million Bribe

A

abujagirl

Ekiti state Governor, Ayo Fayose claims the bad blood between him and the All Progressives Congress, APC, lawmakers in the state is due to his refusal to give them N200million.

According to VANGUARD, Fayose accused the lawmakers of paying less attention to issues that would bring development to the state and pursuing their own narrow and selfish interests by demanding 10 per cent of the N2 billion SME loans before approving it.

"Adewale Omirin, as the speaker, did not attend my inauguration. After the event, we met and talked and we agreed to work together. They asked that their monthly running grant of N48 million be paid in full, even when other agencies have theirs slashed by 60 per cent or stopped totally because of poor finances, we still gave them their full grant.

"The N2 billion loan for SMEs that we wanted to access from the CBN, they now said they should be given 10 per cent of it which is N200 million and I refused. They have a mindset and directive from their leaders that they must cripple my government and I know the people of the state will not allow that", Fayose said.

#Fayose #Ekiti #Vanguard #CBN

Ayo Fayose.jpg

Back