Politics Fayose Accuses Judicial Officers of Conniving With Ekiti APC,Fayemi to Cause Trouble

A

abujagirl

Ekiti state Governor-elect Ayo Fayose has blamed the All Progressives Congress, APC and the outgoing governor, Kayode Fayemi for the recent attack on a court and judge in the state.

Fayose called on the National Judicial Council (NJC) to investigate the attack. The Ekiti governor elect said the council should also investigate the allegation that he beat up a judge.

"A lot of things are happening there and there are signs that some judicial officers are conniving with the outgoing Governor Kayode Fayemi and the APC. The current crisis is an agenda of the APC, and their aim is to get through the back door, what the people of the state did not give them on June 21, when they voted overwhelmingly for me and the PDP.

"I did not and cannot slap a judge. I cannot slap a houseboy, let alone a High Court judge, and I have utmost respect for judicial officers. The media propaganda that I beat up a judge is an APC agenda to portray me in bad light having failed to take my mandate through the back door.

"I did not enter Justice John Adeyeye's court because I had no business to transact there. The tribunal venue, where I went to, is quite a distance from Adeyeye's court,’’ Fayose said.

He said that so far, nobody had been able to provide photo or video evidence to show where the judge was slapped.

"And the APC members should know that I will not succumb to blackmail and surrender the mandate freely given to me by the people of the state."

According to him, the PDP leadership is aware of the various petitions by APC to the NJC and that investigation will reveal the truth.

The governor-elect said that he was ready to appear before any committee to be set up by the NJC, even after his inauguration to office.

"The whole issue I can say with all intent was part of a grand plan by the APC to cause mayhem in the state. The plan, is to install the Speaker of the Ekiti State House of Assembly as Acting Governor, which the people of Ekiti has seen through, and are ready to stop at all cost.".

#Ekiti #NJC #Fayemi #Fayose #APC #PDP

Ayo fayose.jpg

Back