Sports FIFA U-20 world cup: Falconets coach Peter Dedevbob delighted with Asisat Oshoala's efforts

Azeezat Oshoala.gif
Head coach of Nigeria's U-20 Women's national team, Peter Dedevbo has described Asisat Oshoala's four-goal heroics against the North Koreans as the major difference in their semifinal match on Wednesday.

Nigeria defeated Korea DPR 6-2 in their semi-final game to book a place in the finals of the ongoing 2014 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in Canada.

Asisat Oshoala scored four goals in the game,taking her tally in the tournament to seven goals,making her one of the standout players so far.

Dedevbo said his ladies were lifted from their group stage 2-1 win over the South Koreans,which helped them to have an idea how North Korea would play.

"A goal scored early against any team gives our team confidence and it breaks the opponents. It was very important especially against a good team like North Korea," Dedevbo told Fifa.com.

"We had played against Korea Republic, and I was sure that Korea DPR were not better than them. So, I was sure that we would win. Now we are in the final. Whoever our opponent will be, we are not afraid of them," he continued.

"I had said to my girls before the tournament that the World Cup really started at the quarter-finals. Since then, my team improved.

"If you want to accomplish great things, it is important to have intelligence in your team and a player who can make the difference like Asisat (Oshoala) did today," he concluded.

Nigeria will await the winner of Germany and France in the second semi-final on Thursday for the finals of the championship on Sunday at Montreal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back