Sports Frank Lampard completes switch to New York Football Club

LMK-064295.jpg Frank Lampard has joined Major League Soccer side New York Football Club on a two-year deal.

The former Chelsea player who left Stamford Bridge on a free transfer,will now be sojourning to the United States of America in what could be the final lap of his football career.

Lampard was released by Chelsea at the end of last season,bringing to an end his 13-year career with the Blues.

"New York ticks all the right boxes for me. It's very exciting," said Lampard.

"Chelsea will always have a huge place in my heart, but it's now a new challenge.

"I had a fantastic 13 years there and can look back at that with pride, but it was a great time for me and Chelsea to move on.

"Having seen the vision of this club, I have seen a real long-term plan and I want to be involved and I want to keep on challenging myself."

Newly-formed New York City FC will start playing in the MLS from next season and are gradually building up their team with the acquisition of high-profile players.

Already,former Barcelona and Atletico Madrid player David Villa has been bought by the club,getting ready for the campaign from 2015.

Back