Metro Give Boko Haram Amnesty -Northern Elders Tell Buhari

A

abujagirl

Northern elders have called on Muhammadu Buhari to grant amnesty to Boko haram terrorists when he's sworn in as President.

Buhari 1.jpg

VANGUARD reports some of the leaders linked to the call for amnesty include former Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Mohammed Uwais and Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Ambassador Babagana Kingibe and former Nigerian Ambassador to the United Nations, Ibrahim Gambari.

The elders also asked Buhari to give priority attention to the special economic programmes for the North East geopolitical zone which had been ravaged by the Boko Haram terrorists, just as they warned against the scrapping of the on-going amnesty programme for ex-militants in the Niger Delta region.

Second Republic lawmaker, Dr Junaid Mohammed has kicked against the proposed amnesty for boko haram terrorists.

He said, ''I don’t support any call for amnesty for the Boko Haram members because we don’t know who they are and what they are fighting for. As at today, we don’t who they are. Some of them were sponsored by the government while others were sponsored by Niger Delta militants to destabilise the north.

''There must therefore be a strong reason for any right-thinking Nigerian to call for amnesty for terrorists in Nigeria. Even the one granted to Niger Delta militants is a scam because it is a reward to those who committed heinous crimes against the rest of the country instead of punishing them adequately. As far as I am concerned Gambari does not know much about the Niger Delta than myself and I see his call for the continuous running of amnesty as a serious disappointment and something done in bad taste''.

#Buhari #BokoHaram

Back