Sports Golden Eaglets coach confident of victory over DRC

rsz_1rsz_pic_26_golden_eaglets_defeat_amakson_soccer_academy_5-1_in_abuja.jpg
Golden Eaglets coach Emmanuel Amuneke has charged his side to beat the Democratic Republic of Congo when they clash on Saturday in an African U-17 Championship qualifier in Kinshasa.

The game was meant to take place last week,but the Congolese agreed for it to be shifted to this week following Nigeria's provisional ban by world football governing body FIFA.

Amuneke took over from Manu Garba whom he assisted alongside Nduka Ugbade in the Nigerian team that won the under 17 World Cup in UAE last year before they were promoted to the under 20 men's team.

The former Barcelona player said that he knows his team has what it takes to beat Congo DR,especially as they have a good scoring record in their games so far.

The current under 17 team,believe they can replicate the achievement of the 2013 set,starting with game against DR Congo

"My focus now is on the match against Congo and that has always been my style days before an important game," Osimhen,one of the players was quoted as saying on KickOffNigeria.com.

"The good thing is that we have good attacking force in this team and my prayer is that I should be one of our goal scorers against Congo DR."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back