Politics Governor Lamido Threatens to Jail Senator Yusuf over Missing PDP Campaign Money

A

abujagirl

Jigawa state Governor, Sule Lamido has threatened to jail former Minister of Internal Affairs in the Second Republic, Senator Bello Maitama Yusuf, over Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, missing campaign funds.

According to VANGUARD, the governor and PDP are accusing Senator Yusuf of diverting the money given him to distribute to the electorate in his constituency to mobilize them to vote for the party. Yusuf reportedly defected to the APC after diverting the funds.

Senator Yusuf, has dragged the leadership of PDP in Jigawa State before a Federal High Court in Dutse for defamation and character assassination. He has also vowed to expose the governor’s activities and release the threat message sent him by the governor.

One of the messages reportedly sent to him from the governor read; ''True, I have only five weeks to go, but I will jail you before I go. We also, today (yesterday) at council meeting, discussed Garun Gabas road contract and by council authority sent all related documents to EFCC and copied same to Buhari, the President-elect''.

In response to the message, Senator Yusuf said, ''He is just not happy with my defection to APC and if he continues to threaten me, I will expose some of his shady deals. So we will see who will be jailed''.

#Jigawa #PDP #Lamido

Sule Lamido.jpg

Back