Politics I Advise Nigerians to Support Buhari Over Goodluck - Ex-Bayelsa Governor

Vunderkind

Social Member
Chief Timipre Sylva, former Bayelsa State governor, has revealed why he is backing General Muhammadu Buhari of the APC against President Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP in the forthcoming elections.

Speaking on an interactive session with the Bayelsa people on Royal FM in Yenagoa, he said he was working for Buhari in 2015 because Jonathan had failed the people of Niger Delta.

Adding that he had disowned Jonathan as a brother, he said “What has Bayelsa gained from the Presidency? Where is the federal project in the state that is significant? I don’t see any. Not even electricity is available in Otuoke. And you have the Presidency. If I have somebody else that is not my brother but a friend with my interest at heart, it is better. Sometimes, a good friend is better than a bad brother. If a good friend can come and give us electricity and good jobs, I will go for that good friend rather than go for that bad brother. Look at Bayelsa. Look at Niger Delta.

“Look at the East-West Road under a brother. Why hasn’t the road been fixed under a brother? Why is the Brass LNG not working under a brother because we know where the project was under Obasanjo? Why is it that all they promised us under Amnesty has not been fulfilled? You remember they promised us a new city. Where are those small cities under our brother? Is there any serious institution established here to empower our youths to give them skills? Where is the institution built in Bayelsa. Nothing has been done. What has been done is that their cronies have bought some private jets. Is that what Bayelsa is about? Is that what Niger Delta Presidency is about? We all fought for this power but certain people have hijacked it.”

Source: #TheSun

timipre sylva.jpg

He is the president of Nigeria not bayelsa. What did OBJ do for his state or what have the other presidents done for their states. More importantly what are the governors, senators, house of rep members, state house members, local government etc doing for their states.

Back