Politics I Turned Down Buhari's Offer to Be VP - Tinubu

A

abujagirl

Bola Tinubu, former Governor of Lagos state on Wednesday said that he turned down a Vice Presidential offer by Muhammadu Buhari, Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Tinubu made the disclosure in a statement explaining he pulled out of the APC Vice presidential race. Tinubu said, " There came a time during the course of the events when our Presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari offered the Vice Presidential slot to me. Being a normal human being, I was deeply moved and honored that he would consider me for the position. Being a patriot, I had to weigh my potential candidacy in all of its dimensions.

"I have concluded that the interest of the party, our campaign and of the nation are better served if I retain my position as the National leader of the APC, allowing me to be a bridge builder across all divides. Although, I declined the position, I want to thank General Buhari for extending the honor to me. Despite all the noise and opposition around my possible selection, he stood firm and steadfast. He showed the traits of a leader in holding to a decision he believed was right despite the errant plots against it", Tinubu said.

#Tinubu #APC #Buhari

Bola Tinubu 1.jpg

Back