Sports I warned Keshi against accepting President Jonathan's offer - Onigbinde

Former Super Eagles coach Adegboye Onigbinde has become the latest person to ask Stephen Keshi to leave the national team.

So many people this week have been clamouring for Keshi not to remain as the Super Eagles coach, as they believe that he is no longer good enough to coach Nigeria.

Onigbinde noted that he privately talked to Keshi about not coming back to manage the national team when he was brought back by President Goodluck Jonathan.

“On the very day the Presidency asked him to return to his job I personally sent him a text message to politely thank Mr President for the offer and bow out honourably and quietly, too," Onigbinde told Supersports.com

“Keshi respectfully replied the text message thanking me and that was it as he went ahead with the two remaining 2015 AFCON qualifying matches against Congo and South Africa, I’m sure the rest is history.

“I volunteered the advice to Keshi because I understand that he won’t work with the Presidency but a different set of people as well as an entirely different environment.

“Now that others have picked up the calls I have the privilege to have said over two months ago I won’t like to engage in an exercise that will appear repetitious so that I won’t be accused of having interest in the whole matter.

“I’m not used to pressurising people to act in certain way, I’ve passed my view directly to him, I don’t need to pressurise him further on same thing.”

rsz_keshi_1 (1).jpg

Back