Sports I will be back to the Super Eagles if Keshi decides to pick me - Obafemi Martins

rsz_martins.jpg
Nigerian striker Obafemi Martins has not given up hopes of still playing for the Super Eagles national team.

Martins who has been in fine form for his Major League Soccer(MLS) side, Seattle Sounders,noted that he will be open to a return to the Super Eagles if called up by Stephen Keshi.

The former Newcastle,Wolfsburg and Inter Milan striker has been used sparingly since Keshi started coaching the Super Eagles,featuring only on the fringes,playing limited friendlies and in one of the qualifiers since then.

And Martins admitted that he possibly may not be in the plans of Keshi which explains why he has been overlooked.

“I’m here and I’m Nigerian, so we’ll see if I get picked (for the 2015 AFCON). I have no control over it. Every coach has his favourites. All I can say is that I’m playing good football in Seattle and I’m happy doing it. If I’m in the Nigeria team, great, and if I’m not, I wish them all the best. I always want Nigeria to do well,” Martins told FIFA.com.

Martins has scored 10 goals in 22 appearances for Seattle Sounders,and was picked in the All Stars team that defeated Bayern Munich last month.

Back