Sports I will take charge of Super Eagles if President Jonathan asked me to- Stephen Keshi

Following the intervention of President Goodluck Jonathan in the crises rocking the Nigeria Football Federation, coach Stephen Keshi has expressed interest to return as the Super Eagles.

President Jonathan asked the NFF to reinstate Keshi after he was fired by the Amaju Pinnick-led NFF during a re-conciliatory meeting with the warring factions of the body to avoid the swinging hammers of FIFA.

The 52 year-old coach was sacked after beating Sudan 3-1 win in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers where the Eagles have only picked up four points out of a possible 12 leaving the team on the brink.

The Afcon 2013 winner said he had no pre-knowledge of his recall to his post nor his ordered return by the President.

"Well I am just hearing from you. But if the President of my country asked me to return, who am I to refuse," he told media at the Abuja National Stadium on Thursday.

Nigeria needs to win their two remaining qualifiers against Congo and South Africa next month to seal a spot at the finals of the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations as defending champions. goal

keshi-team1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back