Metro Jolting: Some of Nigeria's So-Called 'Dead Soldiers' Still Alive

Vunderkind

Social Member
Despite the widely-published stories to that effect, the President of the Army Officers' Wives Association (NAOWA) and wife of the Chief of Army Staff has declared that some of the soldiers declared dead were just missing in action.

She said this during the gift presentation to 1000 women, including the widows of the killed soldier at he 9 Brigade HQ, Ikeja Cantonment.

She said: "No one is happy if any bad thing happens to any of our soldiers."

"It breaks our heart when any of our soldiers die in battle. Also, some of the soldiers we think are dead because we have not seen them or they have not called are not dead. Some of them are missing-in-action but still living.

“I reassure you that with God’s help when this fight is over, some of them we think are dead will resurface."

She also urged the wives to stop insulting their husbands or cursing them: “I want you people to respect your husbands and stop cursing them or reporting them to their bosses. Who told you your husband is useless? The Nigerian Army does not have a useless soldier; the army does not recruit stupid soldiers.

“The Boko Haram trouble is enough to make us pray for our husbands and so, I do not expect you to give them any trouble. Your husbands are the drivers of the army and they are very important to this nation.

“With the news from the army that any soldier that attains Master Warrant Officer before retirement will be given car and other things to live comfortably, don’t you know it is your duty to pray that God will keep your husband even if he is fighting in the northeast and has not sent money to you yet?"

Source: #ThisDay

soldiers running camoufalged.jpg

Back