Politics Jonathan is 'Weak' - Edwin Clark Dumps PDP

L

LequteMan

Nigeria - Chief Edwin Clark, a former Federal Commissioner of Information, has announced that he's no more with the People's Democratic Party.

Speaking in Abuja on Wednesday, the Ijaw leader hailed the anti-corruption crusade of President Muhammadu Buhari and knocked former President Goodluck Jonathan for lacking the political will to fight graft.

edwin clark.jpg

“Jonathan didn’t have the political will to fight corruption. He’s a gentleman. Drivers of yesterday are living in palatial buildings now under his government," he said.

“In advanced countries, when you are living above your means, people query you. That’s not so in Nigeria. Former governors, lawmakers are now asking for immunity.”

Clark, who was a staunch supporter of former President Jonathan, however, said he had quit the PDP. But he said he would not join the governing party, the All Progressives Congress.

He said, “I no longer belong to the PDP. I won’t go to the APC either, but I will continue to talk as an elder statesman and leader of this country. I have left politics.

“If anyone comes to me to say he’s running for any elective position in the PDP or the APC, I won’t support you. I’m not a member of the PDP anymore.”

Punch

Back