Sports Jose Mourinho hints Didier Drogba could be back at Chelsea

rsz_lmk-061543.jpg
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has revealed that he is considering re-signing former player Didier Drogba.

The Portuguese is considering bringing back the 36-year old Ivorian,adding that Drogba "belongs" to Chelsea.

But he noted that any decision to sign Drogba would be solely because of what he can do on the pitch not just because of his antecedence at Chelsea.

"If I bring him back, and the decision has to be made soon, it is because as a player he has qualities to make the team stronger," Mourinho said.

"Because we know his heart is pushing him to where he feels he belongs, we are thinking about the possibility [of a deal]. We feel that Didier belongs to us."

"If you bring him back it is not because he is Didier or scored the most important goal in the history of Chelsea, or because I read I need an assistant, no.

"We want to win matches and win titles and Didier is one of the best strikers in Europe. He is still very adapted to the needs of the Premier League and we are thinking about it in a non-emotional way."

Drogba is expected to be a squad player at Chelsea and will play second fiddle to new acquisition Diego Costa.

Although there has been talks about a possible coaching role at Chelsea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back