Sports Keshi should finish the job he started - Amodu Shaibu

After it has been confirmed that he would be returning as the Super Eagles coach, interim manager Amodu Shaibu believes that it is best Stephen Keshi sees through Nigeria's qualifying matches for the 2015 African Nations Cup tournament.

Reports emerged on Thursday that Keshi has been brought back to manage the Super Eagles national team,just two weeks after he was sacked by the Nigeria Football Federation(NFF).

And Amodu who was temporarily drafted in to replace Keshi said, admitted that the time was even too short for him to conjure up something for the Super Eagles, adding that it was best Keshi finishes up the job he started.

“Following wide consultations that I have carefully made within the past two weeks since the appointment, and for the sake of professionalism, I want to specially appeal to you to reconsider the matter and allow Keshi to finish the project that he has started – the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying race.

“Sir, my opinion also is that the time –frame is too short to start tinkering with the fabric of the team or attempt to build a new team altogether.

“As Technical Director of the NFF, I am ready and willing to help build a better relationship among Keshi (with whom I have enjoyed good working relationship in the past and who is still very close to me), the players and the NFF Technical Committee.

“I am assuring you, Mr. President(Amaju Pinnick) that I will offer whatever assistance required by Keshi and his crew for the remaining two matches, and also be there to offer advice, suggestions and efforts towards building a stronger Super Eagles’ team after the qualifying race.”

Amodu.JPG

Back