Politics Lagos: Ex-NNPC Worker Joins Governorship Race

Vunderkind

Social Member
A former Public Affairs Officer in the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Chief Tunde Olorogun-Etti, has joined the governorship race in Lagos State.

Olorogun-Etti told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Friday that he would use the wealth of experience he garnered at the NNPC to make the difference if was elected governor of Lagos State.

He said his prime achievement would be to build a refinery in Lagos, Nigeria’s economic hub.

The former NNPC officer, who is contesting on the platform of the PDP, said the establishment of the refinery would assist in solving the unemployment problem currently ravaging youths in the state.

He said that Lagos State was home to 62 per cent of Nigeria’s youth population, needed to drive development in all sectors of the economy.

``One of my manifestos which I wish to advance the state is in the area of human capital development, where the present administration has been paying lip-service.

``The establishment of at least one blue-chip company in all the five zones of the state will top my agenda if elected.’’

Olorogun-Etti said that he decided to join the race to bring the state into the mainstream of Nigerian politics.

``I remain one of the few politicians who have remained in the party since its inception and I deserve to be the party’s flag bearer in the state.

`` Since the past 16 years the state has been in the opposition in the country, making it an underdog in the scheme of things at the centre.

``We cannot continue in this trend, there must be a paradigm shift in our political inclination to enable the state move to its foremost place within the polity,” Olorogun-Etti stated.

NAN reports that Olorogun-Etti had worked under three former Petroleum Ministers, including Prof. Tam David-West, Prof. Jubril Aminu and late Alhaji Rilwan Lukman.

The governorship aspirant appealed to the electorate to cast their votes for the PDP for a resounding change in Lagos State.

lagos busy road.jpg

Back