Politics Lagos: PDP's Agbaje Promises to Demolish Lekki-Epe Toll Gate if Elected

A

abujagirl

Jimi Agbaje, Lagos state gubernatorial candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has promised to demolish the Lekki-Epe toll gate if elected Governor come April 11,2015; VANGUARD reports.

Agbaje made the promise at a peaceful protest, tagged March for freedom, organised by Freedom Group in Lekki, Lagos State.

He said, ''I am here to show solidarity with you on the issue of the toll plaza for which you are marching today and assure you that when we get into office, these toll gates will come down; I will demolish all of them.

''The public/private partnership, PPP, arrangement behind this project is not transparent. Look at the BRT and Lagos light rail projects, they are collapsing because the PPP arrangements they have on ground are not sustainable. The light rail which was supposed to have been ready since 2012, is grounded and this is because of vested interests of a few people. The PPP arrangements are skewed to favour only a few people, so for me, I am in solidarity with you and a vote for us is a vote for freedom, a vote to bring down the toll plazas.

#Agbaje #Lagos #PDP

Jimi Agbaje.jpg

Back