Politics LAUTECH Pathologist Reveals Who Ordered Adeleke’s Autopsy

kemi

Social Member
A Consultant Anatomic Pathologist at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital, Osogbo, Osun State, Dr. Olufemi Solaja, who conducted an autopsy on the late Senator Isiaka Adeleke, has said the family of the late politician did not ask him to carry out the test.

isiaka adeleke b.jpg

Solaja, who appeared again on Friday before the coroner investigating the cause of the death of the late senator, Mr. Olusegun Ayilara, said that the coroner (police officer) requested that he should carry out the autopsy and he had submitted the report.

He said the coroner requested for the autopsy through forms B &C dated April 23, 2017 and signed by Ajiboye Dorcas Olubunmi in the presence of Adeleke’s family members.

While being cross-examined by the immediate past Commissioner for Special Duties, Dr. Ajibola Basiru, who told the coroner that he appeared as an observer, the pathologist said that submitting the autopsy report to the police did not amount to professional misconduct.

The observer, who is presently a commissioner -nominee in Osun State, asked the pathologist, “Were you engaged by the Adeleke family to do the autopsy?” Solaja answered in the negative.

When also asked if he was obliged to submit the result of the autopsy to any other person apart from the coroner, who requested for it, the pathologist also said he was not supposed to give the autopsy report to any other person apart from the coroner.

The evidence of the pathologist is in contrast with the claim of the deceased’s family, who said they were considering a legal option against the Chief Medical Director of LAUTECH Teaching Hospital, Prof. Akeem Lasisi, for refusing to give the autopsy report to the family despite that they requested for it.

He said, “The family of the deceased should be aware that I was served the forms B and C because they were there when I was given the forms. The person who gave me the history of the deceased was brought by the family in the presence of the Divisional Police Officer, Dugbe Police Station.”

Back