Metro Life In Boko Haram's Republic: Citizen's Narrative

Vunderkind

Social Member
■ Residents unsure of safety of trapped relations
■ As Catholic Church laments siege to parishes

Musa Yakubu’s biggest worry was the safety of his septuagenarian uncle who has been trapped in the hilly Gwoza town, southeast of Borno since Boko Haram sacked the community and reportedly declared it its territory.

“I am very worried about the safety of my uncle. I’m not even sure he’s alive because the insurgents may have killed him since he couldn’t flee with other residents,” he told Saturday Sun in Maiduguri. Interestingly, Yakubu is not the only one that is disturbed about the condition of residents of Gwoza who are trapped in the town. Governor Kashim Shettima also said his biggest headache was the cruel fate that has befallen the residents.

“Our major concern now is about those who are still in Gwoza town, those who could not run away when the insurgents came. We don’t know what they are going through now. It is a difficult situation,” Shettima lamented in an emotional speech while addressing thousands of displaced Gwoza residents at an Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camp at Madagali, Adamawa State.

The new Caliphate

Click here to continue reading

SOurce: #TheSun

Attachments

• shekau.jpg
    shekau.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 6
Back